Thursday 24 December 2015

Investigations

The way that I have achieved so much of my information that I am using is by looking at the national archive. The national archives keep all bits of legal data that pass through our hands. I have found death notices for so many of the people that I have been interested in. I found a notice for the first James Welch that arrived here in 1821. I put in a request for the data and was told that the document was too old and had been withdrawn. I have now put in a request for this document to be photographed by the genealogical society. It is really is horrid to think of all of the rich and textured history we have in this country being squandered due to people not caring at all. I did a phone call to the farm where our great grand mother grew up and asked for family photo graphs. I am living in hope that I will receive a few. 

On the good side, I have yet another photo of Emma Rogers. She was quite a pretty girl. It is always nice to see.



Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment