Thursday 19 November 2015

James Welch - Great grandfather

This is my grandmother's Mother and father. Here is her birth certificate


Here are who I think are James and Henrietta




looking at this more closely I think this is the Amazing Emma Rodgers, making her my great great grandmother.







of all of the happy young ladies, my grandmother is on the far left. You can just see she is in a mood. probably has had to be nice the whole afternoon.



Now she is on the right and looks a whole lot happier. Maybe is the cup of tea. Sitting in front of her is her father James Welch.
Whatever did happen to the mother. I have not seen an image of her. Did she make the babies and then die?  Aunty Glorie was the youngest and she was born in 1910. My grandmother must have got her camera in about 1915 as she took the photo of Glorie feeding chickens and she looks about 5.
I can't remember seeing pictures of her mother. There is a few of very old ladies. I will have to see if I do the whole CSI thing and compare ears.




No comments:

Post a Comment